On this page: Description, Step by Step, Example 1: Source by Person (text), Example 2: Source by Person (tab-delimeted), Example 3: Person by Source (text), Example 4: Person by Source (tab-delimeted)
There are two Person and Source reports. Source by Person shows all the sources cited for a person. You can run the report for all people, or you can
- filter the people by a flag value, or
- select a single person, or
- limit the report to a single source.
The Person by Source report is essentially the reverse output from the Source by Person report: it shows all the people whose events cite a source. All the same options are supported.
Step by Step
- Choose Person and Source from the function tree.
- Choose Source by Person or Person by Source.
- If you want to limit the report to a single person, key the person's TMG ID in the Person Number: text box.
- If you want to limit the report to a single source, key the source number in the Source Number: text box.
You can key a value in both the Person Number and Source Number text boxes, but the output won't be very useful.
- Choose the output file format from the Output Format: pull-down menu. Text produces an ASCII text file that is useful for quick research tasks. Tab-Delimited was designed to be imported into a spreadsheet or database program.
- Set the Flag Filter, if you want to limit the report to a subset of people who pass the filter.
- Click the [Create Report] button.
Example 1: Source by Person, Output Format "Text"
Example 2: Source by Person, Output Format "Tab-Delimited"
(opened in Excel)
Example 3: Person by Source, Output Format "Text"
Example 4: Person by Source, Output Format "Tab-Delimited"
(opened in Excel)
This page last changed on 12 Feb 2006.